Bastian Elementary is located in the rapidly growing city of Herriman, UT with the beautiful Oquirrh Mountains in the background. We believe in making a difference every day by teaching students academic content and social/emotional skills that will develop self confidence, worth and a love of learning to foster independence.
Welcome to the 2021-22 School Year!
- Student Registration Updates in Skyward Family - Please login to your Skyward Family Access and update the following information so you are ready to begin the year. This process is done every year, it is not New Student Registration.
- Update Emergency Contact information and phone numbers
- Update your contact information - phone numbers and email addresses
- Please be sure to check your communication preferences to include both email and text messages. We will communicate weekly updates by email, and use text messaging for quick communication. We hardly had any parents opt in for text messaging and it’s much easier to use than the call system.
- Update student health information
- Job Opportunities - Bastian currently has the following job openings: one PE Assistant, two Behavior Assistants, one Recess/Copy Room Assistant and a band or orchestra teacher (so we can start band/orchestra). Please see the attached flyer and reach out for more information or to schedule an interview.
Bastian Elementary is Hiring
- Bastian Website - Please be sure to bookmark the Bastian Website. We have all our important information listed as well as a calendar that shows breakfast menu, lunch menu and daily activities/events. Kindergarten Orientation is available under the Parents and Students tab. Emails for teachers and staff are also linked.
- Teacher Assignments - You will be able to find out who your child’s teacher is beginning August 11. They will be listed in your Skyward Family Access. If you can’t log in to Family Access, please contact the office when it reopens after August 2. Please note that creating classes takes a lot of effort and balance and in an effort to keep them as such, we do not take teacher requests.
- Office Hours - The Bastian office is closed until August 2. Beginning August 2 it will be open from 8:30-3:00pm.
- Back to School Night - The PTA is working on an AMAZING Back to School Night experience, which will be on Thursday, August 12 from 5:00-7:00pm. You will be able to meet your child’s teacher, learn how to get involved in the PTA and SCC, purchase Bastian spirit wear and have a hot dog dinner with your family. Please block this on your calendar as it will be your opportunity to meet the teacher, see the school and be set to start on August 17. We look forward to seeing you on August 12!
Junior Achievement is a fabulous curriculum that volunteers and teachers use in our classrooms. If you'd like to check them out this summer please use the following links:
K-5 Lessons https://sites.google.com/ja.org/ja-k5-vol-videos
6th Lessons https://sites.google.com/ja.org/ja-6-8-video-activities/ja-efs?authuser=0
Bastian Elementary - Summer Hours 2021
The front office will be open for student registration, document drop off and to answer questions on the following days and times. If you would like to visit with an administrator, please email Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org or Angela.Hamilton@jordandistrict.org and we will reach out to schedule an appointment.
June 28 – Appointments Only
June 29 – 8:00am to 3:00pm
June 30 – 8:00am to 3:00pm
July 1 – Closed
July 2 – Closed
July 5 – Closed
July 6 – 8:30am to 1:00pm
July 7 – 8:30am to 1:00pm
July 8 – 8:30am to 1:00pm
July 9 – Closed
July 12 – Closed
July 13 – 8:30am to 1:00pm
July 14 – 8:30am to 1:00pm
July 15 – 8:30am to 1:00pm
July 16 – Closed
July 19 through July 23 – Closed
July 26 through July 30 – Closed
August 2 through August 6 - 8:30am to 3:00pm
August 9 – Begin regular school year office hours 8:30am to 4:00pm