Mission Statement for Gifted and Talented Programming in Jordan School District:
The Gifted and Talented Department in Jordan School District is dedicated to the growth of all students and is committed to promoting:
- Opportunities for all students to extend learning, explore new experiences, and discover talents and interests.
- Targeted services for identified students, including opportunities to connect and collaborate in safe, positive, and supportive settings.
- Qualified teachers who participate in ongoing professional development and utilize researched-based instructional strategies.
- Challenging and engaging learning environments that include rigor, critical thinking, creativity, depth and complexity, problem-solving, choice, and real-world applications.
- Equitable policies and universal access for all students regardless of demographics, geography, socioeconomic status, gender, race, ethnicity, affiliation, and grade.
Bastian Elementary has a part time Gifted and Talented teacher specialist, Teresa Eldredge. Mrs. Eldredge provides support to teachers who are working with students who benefit from extended learning opportunities, helps plan and carry out plans for Enrichment groups, coordinates GT programs at Bastian and will sit down with families and teachers to discuss ways to meet student needs. If you feel like your child would benefit, please email Administration to schedule a meeting.